Terms + Conditions
Due to the nature of this historic plantation, renters are expected to adhere to the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Event rental periods are assumed to be for day-of setup and breakdown only, beginning at 11:00AM on the contracted day and ending at 10:00PM same day. Breakdown must conclude by 11:30PM.
- Checkout time for overnight stays is 10:00AM.
- All outdoor music must conclude at 10:00PM on Friday and Saturday and 9:00PM on Sunday.
- An additional, refundable $500 damage deposit is required. This will be held and returned to your coordinator at the conclusion of breakdown or checkout if house rental is added, pending any damage or regulation non-compliance.
- Coosaw Plantation requires the use of (at minimum) Day-Of Coordination Services from a licensed, insured Wedding Coordinator. Services must be contracted through Cobblestone Convivial, LLC. Use of a different company will be subject to approval and an additional $350 fee.
- Coosaw Plantation requires the rental of a portable restroom trailer from an approved vendor. Bathrooms located inside the house are not to be utilized by event guests and are for the exclusive use of overnight guests.
- Parking for renters and guests is restricted to the north field adjacent to the house. Cars are to be removed from the premises at the conclusion of the event except when overnight stay is added to the contract; in which case all cars must be removed by 10:00am the following morning at checkout.
- Renter must provide Coosaw Plantation with a Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $500,000 with Coosaw Plantation named as additionally insured.
- A 50% deposit is required to hold a desired date. Renters will be asked to provide a credit card authorization form to hold with their contract.
- Additional vendors must be selected from the provided approved vendor list. Outside vendors are subject to approval of the Site Manager. A copy of the vendor’s business license and insurance policy will be required no later than 1 month prior to the event date.
- Helium balloons, airborne streamers or confetti are prohibited. A formal exit plan will be submitted by your coordinator and approved by the Site Manager.
Caterers may utilize the indoor kitchen if house rental has been added to the contract with the following restrictions:
- Caterers are responsible for providing trash can liners.
- Recycling is required in provided recycling containers.
- All trash shall be removed from the house and grounds.
- All trash cans must be cleaned and re-bagged.
- Do not dump ice on landscape or in grass.
- Remove all items from kitchen equipment and clean up spills.
- Kitchen floor shall be swept and spot-mopped.
- Counters, sinks and all equipment must be thoroughly wiped down and cleaned.
- A catering representative is required to check-out with the Site Manager-on-Duty or the client will not receive their security deposit.